Monday, May 6, 2013

Upcycled~Drying racks

No, not a bag - but something necessary and why not.

I've been wanting to make drying racks for awhile now.  My one tiny colander isn't really idea for drying large amounts of things.  I'm going to make a solar dehydrator too but these will work for the moment. 

I found three biggish picture frames that were the same size at the thrift store by my grandma's house -$2 each
 

and a roll of metal window screening for about $6. That and a staple gun and maybe a pair of pliers is all you really need. 

I took the classy art and the glass out of the frames and pulled the staples out with some awesome old pliers. 
 

Good tools are essential to any project.  These scissors may have to accidentally come home with me one day ; ) They're still going to be sharp when I'm old and rusty.  My Grandpa really knew a thing or two about good tools.
 

Anyhow - I stretched the screen out, folded it under and with my (aunt's) handy dandy staple gun.


It was really a quick and easy project. 


 I still have a ton of screen left over so each one cost me about $2.35.  Way to go me.  I have the ends of two broomsticks I'm going to cut into little 1-2 inch pieces so I can stack the frames when I need to. So stinkin excited.


Here's what they look like in use ~

 


 


Anybody want some 'snazzy' prints??? Perfect for an old dusty waiting room or.... an old dusty waiting room?

myfm ~ "My heart is dancin', to a November tune"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment