Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What this is about~

Once upon a time I somehow decided that I want to make all of the clothes for my daughter and myself for 6 months.  After a little thought I figured it made more sense to go ahead and do a whole year so I could have time to work and plan for all of the season.  After about three more years of thought and procrastination I made a plan for each month and week and now I am finally ready to make this work. 

For the most part I will be abstaining from buying clothes but there are going to be a few exceptions.  First - anything I find at the bins doesn't count.  If I can get my sweet girl a pair of rainbow socks, a purple cardigan and a kitty shirt for $.82 you can bet I'm going to.  Second - As of right now I don't make socks or crochet with enough speed to make warm things so I may given the right circumstance buy a sweater and will most definitely be buying socks at some point.  Third - If I happen across the perfect and I mean has to be perfect pair of jeans somewhere I'm just not dense enough to pass that up.  Denim perfection is as unusual as a five leaf clover and to be cherished when occasionally found - and that makes me hopeful as I have recently come across one~




Don't misunderstand my goal.  Anyone that sews knows that it isn't usually about saving money or time because there sure isn't much of either of that.  I will *hopefully have a weekly upcycled piece, a themed piece, and some other potentially random stuff.  A lot of what I make will probably come from my sizeable stash, the bins, and what I can find on sale at the fabric store.  This is mainly a way of recording my progress for myself, but if you would like to follow along I welcome the company on this questionable year long escapade through countless yards of fabric. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment