Sunday, June 16, 2013

Re-creation~Frikin sweet tank top and a quick upcycle for my girl

taken from here
 
 
I. must. make. this.
 
And I did. (a version of it anyhow)
 
Here it is.
 
 
 

I tried. That's the best picture I could get this morning.  But I'm pretty excited about the shirt.   
 
 
So, yes, I did go buy a new tank top for this but I have two reasons.  1.-it is really hard to find a decent tank top at the bins and most of mine have just about bit the dust, and 2. - I was gifted the lace from sweet Vivian and I know a shop downtown that has a literal rainbow of tank tops in their window.  Finding the lace has been the hardest part.  Once I had that it was easy to acquire a tank top to match. 
 
Instead of just cutting straight up the side I detached a section of the edging at the top so all I had to do was reattach it for a nice finished edge once I had put the lace in.
 
I will more than likely make more of these because it took less than an hour even with trying to sort out how I wanted to make it happen and they are so flippin cute.  I want to try it with a different style top.  We'll see what I can find.  I will just continue my perpetual search for pretty lace soft enough to use for something like this...
 
 
And for my sweet girl I turned a stupid shapeless shirt from the bins into a simple comfy dress/top to run around in. 
 

She's getting pretty tired of the pictures already.  I have turned into my grandma. (*love you grandma)




 I like the back the most I think.  I got another just blue ridiculous shirt just like this one.  Simple comfy easy fix x2. 
 
 
 
 
myfm - ugh.  I had this one going for awhile because it was on the radio when I got here.  Not even the country version the new one with Nelly.  All better now ~ managed to drown it out with Lindsey Stirling. She's amazing.  I plugged in my headphones and now I'm just enjoying this magnificent day in the shade on this badass porch with some cool people and their cool dogs . 
 
 
 
: )
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I rate these two creations :very Cool" suggestion for the shapeless shirt creation.. if you have a longer one, install a few snaps for a romper (shorts on the bottom.)

    XOXO..

    ReplyDelete