Friday, June 7, 2013

Affirmation of my commitment to not shop for the next year...

I just made the mistake of attempting to shop at the mall before work.  Usually I walk in the door and take the first left into work and am completely oblivious of the rest of the scary establishment.   However, my kiddo needs socks.  Those I can/will not make.  At least not right now. 

I'm not usually very motivated to shop anytime ever, but I went ahead and walked past the safety zone of my work into the closest department store.  Half a mile and an escalator later, I have made my way through the literal ocean of stuff to the (of course) farthest corner of the store where they hide the kids area. 

Here's the thing ~  I don't understand how I can walk through fifty feet of pointless costume jewelry and another hundred of countless perfumes to get to a 3 foot section with about a dozen pairs of socks of the same size (too big even for her) and color (white). 

My brain hurts.  I walked back out, sat under the closest thing to a real sky I could find and spent the half hour I had left before work lost in my latest book.  Thank goodness for Audrey Niffenegger

As for my girl, thankfully she shares my affinity for a complete absence of footwear.  That gives me a few months to work up the nerve to attempt sock shopping again......ugh.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

myfm is broken or something...
So this song has been stalking me for two days now. Every. Single. Time I turn on the radio - alarm comes on - this song comes on. Turn on the radio in the car it comes on - change stations - it comes on there too.  I was in and out of my car six times today and I heard it eleven times.  Doesn't stop there though.  Internet radio, at work, at the store, in a car passing by??  Seriously?  Honestly JT, it's an incredibly lovely song that is quite moving, it really is, I just don't know why you feel the need to engrain your sweet irrelevant words into my brain today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment