Sunday, June 23, 2013

not sewing but ...

So, it's Sunday and I don't have my upcycle ready for this week.  I've just been insanely busy. Literally, two days off this month.  But, here is what I did yesterday instead of sewing or sleeping (either of which would have been a suitable alternative) ~

 
I'm going to have to be more specific when putting out the notice that I need something.  I've been needing drawers (as in a dresser but like I said I guess I wasn't specific enough), and this is what I found outside of work earlier this week.  You may just see a boring slightly dented partially rusted ugly file cabinet, but I saw HOLY COW THAT'S A TALL STACK OF DRAWERS!!!  I saw the dents and rusty bits too but only for a second.  Then it was replaced by a vision of a lovely blue color (found one with sparkles!) potentially covered in some pretty mod podged something. 


Being ashamedly as unexperienced as I am with spray paint I only got one can so this is all I have gotten to so far.  Also, I was experimenting with the best way to make it look lovely so this is just a rough vision of what it will look like a few solid coats later.  When it stops being so humid and rainy I will get on finishing it, but this is what I've been up to instead of sewing recently. 



myfm for this evening ~ I dunno.  I heard so many good songs at work today.  How about this one. The Staves, Tongue Behind My Teeth

Happy Monday all~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment