Sunday, June 2, 2013

upcycled - black fold over skirt

Not very impressive but I'm happy to have it.  I've had this black dress for going on a decade or so (why?) and n.e.v.e.r. wore it. Just didn't fit right.  Or something.  But, one of my jobs says I have to wear all black (terrible) and I didn't want to waste an opportunity.  I cut off the top part, brought in the side seams and turned it into a fold over skirt.  Simple, ridiculously quick, and I got the amusement of having people at work amazed to see me in a skirt instead of the same pair of pants I wear literally every time I'm there.  I happen to love dresses/skirts, it's just been too stupidly cold to want to wear them until quite recently. 


I tried, but this was the best picture I could get to work out by myself.  Better luck next time I guess.  Thankfully I won't be making a lot of black things so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a completely random note I just got to see a huge abstract metal chicken (?) sculpture thing drive by on the flat bed of a truck.  I effin love this place.

wohoo!  It just stopped to turn around - enjoy!





Which obviously tunes myfm straight to this guy, who is pretty easy to listen to and made not one but two chicken songs!   Not my go-to songs for the Zac Brown Band (or ever?) but otherwise he's got a few ridiculously poignant tunes.  But yay spring almost summer!  And warmth! And the opportunity to stop wearing pants!  And metal chickens!  And an abundance of exclamation points!!!! 

No.  Not really.  That's just an annoying abuse of emphasis.   That's what I get for being pleasantly caffeinated I suppose.  
Happy Sunday all~

No comments:

Post a Comment