Sunday, July 7, 2013

Quick fix ~ Dress from Ashley

I sadly don't have a before picture for this one.  When I get an idea I usually just jump in and forget the world for a little while.

A dear friend of mine sent me this dress but it was way too big when I got it.  That isn't usually enough to stop me from throwing something out so I went to work at it. It was actually pretty simple and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I got it done.  The bottom was this weird short in the front longer in the back deal which I'm not usually fond of so I just cut that off.  Because it's a knit I didn't have to worry about making a new edge which is another reason knits are awesome.  The top was just way to big.  Even tied it probably would have fallen off (not a lot going on in that area if you know what I mean). 

So, I took out the seam between the top and the skirt.  Originally the top two pieces met in the middle, so I brought them in and overlapped them - better shape and a little more coverage.  The bottom half I just folded over and then sewed it all together again. 



I really love this dress now.  It's comfy and flowy and great for summer.  Thanks Ashley : )

 
oh yeah, and I made a headband with the bit I cut off of the bottom.  Because that's just what I do. 
 
 
 
myfm ~ Krewella, Alive . This video is so hot.  Can't exactly put my finger on the why, but, hotness.  Cmere Ashley. I have an ugly shirt and a new knife, you can help me make something awesome.  Colorado can live without you for a few weeks.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome love! I had never heard that song before, but geeze I want every outfit in that video.

    ReplyDelete