Wednesday, July 10, 2013

mid week randomness

Well, hello Wednesday.

Our Wednesday began at BattleCat Coffee Bar.  Pretty spiffy way to start a day.  I didn't make it there Sunday because I had to work ridiculously early for a Sunday and I was missing it so we made a not quick at all stop there.  Sweet girl becomes instant friends with anyone within 20 feet of the place and we end up chatting with some pretty nifty people.   
 
 
 
This however, is random story time.  Domo-kun and rabbit (he is holding his two arms out to hug Domo-kun and only has one leg because the other was crushed or something...) get together and hug and Domo accidentally bites rabbit on the head and something about a baseball game and pink blueberries and rocks. I have quite the little improv master.
 
Anyway, there actually are pink lemonade blueberries here.  Sweet girl made friends with the woman that designed and installed the beautiful new outside and she ended up showing her these awesome plants. 
 

They are quite tasty.  I wish a had a bunch I bet they would make beautiful jam. At my forever house perhaps : )
 
We (kiddo and I) also got to talking about clothes.  I asked her to draw me a picture of the dress she wants me to make for her.  Well...
 
 
Not octopi.  Although I can't see how she wouldn't like a dress covered in octopi.  Those are lovely flowers and three ginormous buttons.  I told her we may have to compromise on the buttons part but I think I can make it work : )
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Who says vandalism is only for uneducated vagrants?  I'm going to call it a free educational community art program : D  Can't rely on public schools to keep up on both grammar and(or?) art these days now can we.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

favorite pin right this second
 
because cake. and cash. and frikkin cake. Also, because I could totally see a number of people I know and love, including myself, doing this very thing.  because cake.  man...I'm totally going to have to make a cake and find a tree to eat it under now...
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

freewillastrology
Love it.  Of course I had to go look up that song.  Catchy little tune.  Piss in the wind I will not.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

myfm ~ Don't know how anything else could be stuck in my head after hearing that song.  But wait!  Pokey Lafarge takes over.  I got to see/hear him for the first time at MerleFest this year and I get to see him and his people again on Friday!  There is an article in the local paper this week about the guy ~ I like the way he thinks...

“People think, with me, that it’s a dress-up contest or a history project,” says dapper roots musician (and former, albeit briefly, Asheville resident) Pokey LaFarge. “I just choose to look nice. When I dress nice I feel good and hopefully that passes on to other people.”
mhmm. that.






1 comment:

  1. hey I know that song. Pete and I saw Jerry Jeff Walker at the Stockdale Watermelon festival a few years back. I am pretty sure we have it on a DVD.
    Love you !

    ReplyDelete