Sunday, July 28, 2013

Stuff.

Well, hi.


You don't have a library card??? 
Hells no.
Seriously, just walk away.

pin silliness : D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oooo but this one too since it's a month for dresses and all ~

True story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A slightly late this week shoutout from the freewill peoples, for no other reason that than it amuses me~

"There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm," wrote the novelist Willa Cather. According to my reading of the astrological omens, Taurus, you're in a phase of your cycle when storm-learning isn't your priority. The educational experiences you need most will unfold when you're exploring the mysteries of peace and serenity. In fact, I suspect that the deeper you relax, the more likely it is that you will attract life-changing teachings -- lessons that can transform your life for the better and fuel you for a long time. 

hmmm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Reason 42 I effin love this place.  The "spontaneous community art program" has brightened my day once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now for something actually sewing related.  I am moving (yays!) and can't stop to make dresses (terrible) but here is a little something at least.  The being said please bear with me I need to get some things done including an exciting new project for a beautiful friend of mine (and yes there will be pictures it's gonna be awesome!) before I continue with a few more dresses and some exciting new goodies for next month.


Probably two years ago I was at a store moving sale and they had this roll of god awful upholstery fabric.  Just sitting there on the roll by itself it really looked terrible, but I work with kids and saw potential.  I asked and they were nice enough to donate it. *yays
The room I spend most of my time in at work is half covered by windows, like in this picture but times three.  I gravitate towards sunshine usually but the room is south facing and everyone would end up blinded for two hours or so every morning. 
They didn't end up as anything 'special' but with a little bit of green on the bottom it kind of looks like we have stained glass windows across the room with the sun coming up behind them. I may have found the only suitable use for this mess of colors, and I think they turned out pretty amazing. 
The point is - don't knock a piece of fabric/book/car/house/person by your initial reaction to what you can see.  It's much more fulfilling to see the potential in everything around you than to shut it out because it doesn't fit some culturally made description of what pretty/smart/respectful/classy/insert your own personal favorite adjective here is.  There is something beautiful in damn near everything if you're grounded enough to be open to the possibilities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

myfm ~ Been in my head for a few days but it's catchy and I like it.  Safe and Sound from Capitol City



No comments:

Post a Comment