Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Rainbow Spinny Dress

I've had a lot going on this week.  I can't believe I haven't posted anything in a whole week.  Bear with me.  Lots of stuffs goin on for the next month or so but I'll be around  : )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So...one day I go back to the newly opened Joann's in my area to get more of what I had gotten the week before (amazingly soft and light cotton/silk blend).  When I got in and there wasn't any, I was for once content to leave with nothing. *gasp*  However, my sweet little lady had another idea.  As usual, she comments on a fabric in each aisle:  Wow, this is beautiful - or - Look at this one mom!   But this time, she happens upon this cotton fabric with a black background and randomly shaped and colored flowers. 



"Ooooooo mooooom this one is sooooooo beauuutifuuulllll!"  Well, it's alright,  I think to myself.  I convince her to walk with me and she just stops and says,

"But mom, we didn't pick up that beautiful fabric!  It's just sitting there and someone else might pick it up and then it will be gone and there wouldn't be any more and it was sooo beauuutifulll."

She's really starting to get upset.  She's never been so attached to a piece of fabric before - so we go to look at it and she tells me what a nice spinny dress it would make and of course we end up going to get a yard and a half cut.  It ended up being $6 something for all of it instead of $15 so I can't really complain.  I know how it is to be hopelessly enamored with a piece of fabric, and who am I to deny the beginning of my sweet girl's love of fabricy things.

I sat down with a ridiculously small amount of minutes left in the day and an idea, and somehow I managed to make it work in a few hours, with no pattern or little person to try it on (did I mention I should have been sleeping?) but I ended up with something that was really pretty great.

After ranting about it to anyone who would listen for a week or so she finally had her magical spinny rainbow dress and loves it. 


Don't let the angelic sleeping girl picture fool you, it's all a big scam.  Seconds later......

 

I took a picture of her more recently in it but I can't find it right now.  Maybe (or not) I will get it updated later.  It would be helpful to see what she actually looks like standing up in it...
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Because I didn't get to it earlier this week, and because it made me laugh, here it is for this week
 
 
freewillastrology

Am I willing to put up with more crap.  That is the ultimate question isn't it.  Don't see how I really have a choice.  Bring it on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Funny pin this week

 
Totally would do this.  Which would probably be followed up with a somewhat heated discussion about why it couldn't possibly be incorrect as it very literally followed the directions.  Which I would win whether it got a passing grade or not. Because it's awesome.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
~myfm~
So very much music going on this week.  But this one I have heard a few times and it is so very lovely ~ See Beneath Your Beautiful
I can't wait until my sweet girl starts randomly singing this one : )
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment